Wednesday, May 10, 2006

fun time

We did so much things during the Golden Week holidays. First of all, I was invited to visit the park where Flower Expo was taken in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka in 2004 by a friend who lives around there. Hamamatsu is where my mom lives alone and it's on the Pacific Coast. Shizuoka Prefecture has the famous Mt. Fuji and it's knows as its warm climate. So lots of people in Tokyo Metropolitan area move to here after their retimrent.
In 2004 we visited the Expo together with my dad who passed away last spring. I have good memories visiting here. The park was still full of beautiful flowers! We spent hours walking down the huge park.
And my husband joined us after he finished working at office in Tokyo on May 3, and we visited Hamamatsu City Zoo for the first time. The zoo is old, built 56 years ago!! We were so lucky to arrive on time for giraffe's lunch time. It was my first time to see a giraffe so close! I could almost touch her (his?) face. Jade got scared to give the leaves, so I got the honor to feed the giraffe. Oh, I felt so happy!! You know, not only kids
but adults can enjoy zoo just like a small kid!! That gives you so much happiness.
And look at the cutie we had met!! So cute like a stuffed animal. There're a couple at Hamamatsu
Zoo and I learnt that this zoo is well-known as a successful breeder of cat-bear here in Japan.
More fun stuffs are coming up later on. I have taken so many photos!

10 comments:

Mod and Mint said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
I want a Children's day too!
Or i guess im too old already to fully enjoy the meaning of it.

Handmade Girl said...

I love going to the zoo, it makes me feel like a child again! I love the picture of that red panda!

joyce said...

looks like fun kumi! i think we're due to go visit our zoo too since the weather is getting better now in san francisco.

Kumi said...

Hi ismoyo.
Yes, we had a great time!
If you still have a heart of a young girl, you can fully enjoy the special day!

Kumi said...

Hi handmade girl.
I love going there, too.
But we often go to aquarium as we live by the sea, though.

Kumi said...

Hi Joyce.
You'll have a great time at zoo with Jason!
Have a ball!

Gina said...

Love the giraffe picture!

Frau Vau said...

those animal pictures... as if they were KEEN on being photographed by you and they don´t move to give you the right time... wonderful!
again, it sounded like a lot of fun. that´s good. life is strange enough, so have fun whenever you can! :)

Kumi said...

Hi Gina.
Glad to hear you like it!

Kumi said...

Hi madhatter.
I love animals, too.
And I guess they feel it, too.
I enjoy taking those photos of them!
You're right.
Life is strange,
and you have to enjoy it
when you can!