Wednesday, June 28, 2006

lately...

Sorry for a silence. Jade has been sick with flu, and we're still visiting to the otological clinic to check her ears. And I started to work on the bags I'll take to the show. I set my concept on "Holidays in Hawaii". As I mentioned to you before, my living area "Shonan" is called Japanese Hawaii, and my bags with Hawaiian print sell very well here. Now I'm making 2 kinds of the most standard styles in my shop with different colors of fabrics. Also I'll make some
Home & Decor items later on. Oops, I'll have to prepare shop's card and other promotional materials, too. But I'm now concentrating on sewing up all kinds of bags! I need more time!! You know, I still work for the German firm and I go to work to Central Tokyo almost every weekdays as I'm managing a big project to publish our latest catalog in Japanese language. So I cannot take days off at all... Need more time!

These photos are from the local botanical garden here in Kamakura. They're both Japanese wild hydrangea. Isn't it so beautiful? I love the way they displayed them, too!

13 comments:

posy press said...

kumi...how do you do it all? more time would be amazing. i love the plants. ~ amy

Funky Finds said...

I hope Jade gets to feeling better asap! :)

Gina said...

I'm looking forward to see more of your bags and decor! You must be so busy! I Hope Jade is feeling better soon.

madhatter said...

a day needs to have 48 hours... that´s at least what i would need, having the same problem as you. two jobs, a house, a garden and no time to sew at all. well, of course YOU need to sew for the fair - at my side it´s just my hobby. so your problem is worse...
but you sure can do it and you´ll make beautiful bags ^.^

take my get-well-wishes for your little one ^^

*Kumi said...

Hi Amy.
How do I do all?
Umm, let me see.
I sleep very early with my child around 9:30,
and try to get up early in the morning to do my handmade work!

*Kumi said...

Hi Jessica.
Thanks!
Jade is now getting much better and wants to go swimming as it's so hot here!!

*Kumi said...

Hi Gina.
I'm making lots of bags and other stuffs. Working so hard and I wonder how many more days I can keep doing this hard work! Thanks and Jade is fine now!

*Kumi said...

Hi madhatter.
I know, I know!!
I need 48 hours a day, too!!
Thanks for your wishes for Jade and me!
Kisses!!

*Kumi said...

Madhatter, I need your help!
Whenver I go to your blog, I cannot read any entries there!
What's wrong with my PC???

madhatter said...

oh... *thinking*
i don´t know... you already did see the new 3-column layout, didn´t you? *thinkingagain*
well... did you change your browser settings? or - which browser do you use? maybe it´s a mistake in my code that makes your browser breakdown...

but i didn´t change anything since the new lay is up... is there a message showing on your screen?
maybe deleting cookies and history may help? i don´t know... T.T

*Kumi said...

Hi madhatter.
The lat time I left the commnet on your blog was the last time I could see your blog properly.
Let me try once again!

Alexa said...

Wow, those hydrangeas are kind of sparse looking compared to the cultivated ones.

I hope Jade is feeling better...

*Kumi said...

Hi Alexa.
I like these wild ones as they look so gentle.
Jade gets much better, thanks!!