Friday, February 03, 2006

dinner made by my husband

Both my husband and I work full time in Central Tokyo, we take turn to cook at home. on weekdays, I'm the one who cooks after picking up our daughter around 19.00. My husband cooks over the weekends. Here're some shots of his "work" this past 2 weeks or so.
The first one is Korean Bibimpap. He often travels to South Korea on business, so he's in love with the food there! Every time he's there, he buys local spices.

The next one is his Valencia paella (Spanish rice) with shrimp, squid, chicken and other vegi. I've been telling him how I love Spanish food, so here it is! His first try turned out to be one of the best dinner he ever cooked before!!
Last weekends, he fixed this for us. Jade and I just returned home from the hospital and our friends were visiting us to see how Jade was. Everyone was like "Wow!!" when we were seated at the table to eat! Good job, eh?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, they all look delicious!!! What a wonderful job your husband did!

Kumi said...

Hi, Amanda.
Most of my friends and co-workers say I should be greatful to have a husband like this, and I think so, too!!

Jessi said...

Mmmm....looks delicious - specially that paella! My husband likes to cook too, then I clean up - great team. Good that you get a break sometimes.

Kumi said...

Hi, Jessica.
Yes, you and your husband must make a great team!
Actually, I don't clean, either.
He always cleans the kitchen for me. He likes it. Lucky me!

joyce said...

my husband is more the cook than me (i'm more the baker).
looks like really good food!

Kumi said...

Here's another lucky wife, Joyce!
Show me some photos from your dinner when you have a chance :D

mi2 said...

Hmm... wish I can come by some time. They all delicious! You are so lucky.

Handmade Girl said...

I wish my husband could cook. You are lucky!

nico said...

oh man! kumi you are so lucky!!! that food is making me drool. heehee lucky us girl whos men do all the clean up- me too- but im not as lucky to have such a wonderful cook! mmmm paella,,,,

Kumi said...

Hi Mimie.
Right, it'll be great if you can drop by to share with us!

Kumi said...

Hi, handmade girl.
Your husband doesn't cook at all?

Kumi said...

Hi, Nicle.
He he he!! Lucky us, eh?

Miss Vinagre said...

hahahaha. So sorry about this, but as a spanish living in Valencia this looks very different from the paella here. You can call it paella, but the Valencian one it´s quite different ;). (As a note it includes, chicken, rice, fresh vegetables and some specially kind of peas, rosmary, saffron, salt, tomato pureé, pimenton, which is a powdered dry sweet pepper and water, and not every time or everywhere, it also includes snails xP and rabbit)

Great paella and husband anyway ;)

Miss Vinagre said...

I also forgot, the first paella photo it´s similar to the Paella Mixta, thats a mixed paella, because it mixes country and sea. And you have many more, Vegetarian paella, Red Paella, Black Rice paella or Arròs Negre, Arròs a banda, wich is a paella only broiled with a fish broth and fish and seafood are served in another dish, Also a Cod Paella, Artichoke paella. So many rice speciallities here ;)