Wednesday, December 21, 2005

handmade Xmas stuffs

OMG, Christmas is coming in a few days!! But I'm not quite ready yet!! Why do I have to work at office? Is this because Japan is a Buddhist country?? Anyway, I finished making some gifts and handed over. Phew...
One of them is this one. A Christmas wreath to hang on a door or wall. I know standard one is with Christmas color (red, white, gold and green?), but I want to make something different. Here it is!! I used bright yellow/orange of vitamin color from the Big Island of Hawaii. This one is quite easy to make. What you need is a long piece of fabric, cotton to stuff the wreath, ribbon, thread and needle if you don't own a sewing machine.
One went to my friend, Mie. The other went to Jade's day-care class teachers as they treated the kids with beautiful Origami Christmas trees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found out yesterday that the Japanese go to school or work on Christmas. It made me a little sad.

I really like the wreath; it's a nice change from the usual red and green.

Kumi said...

Hi, Alexa.
Yap, we do so. It's not a national holiday for Japanese, so kids go to school and adult go to work on the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here in Japan...
Oh well, we have lots of national holidays so shouldn't complain about it???